This traditionally styled home is for a large family in a rural area. The public spaces were designed for optimum traffic flow and views to the surrounding forest and river. The Master Suite was arranged for privacy and retreat. The upper floor children’s zone includes individual spaces and spaces for harmonious sharing. The lower floor was designed for exercise, relaxation and guests. Special extra spaces include a classroom, dance studio, and attached greenhouse. The refined farmhouse aesthetic is achieved through historically-inspired details, finishes and fixtures. This house may look classic, but it is high performance; it’s Built-Green certified with a highly efficient building envelope, mechanical system, and lighting package.
Bathrooms: 3 1/2
Size: 4,043 sq.ft. of finished space + 443 sq.ft. of unfinished mechanical/storage space
Building Design, Interior Design and Construction by Ellenwood Homes.
Built Green™ Canada certification: GOLD
- Built with Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF’s) for the foundation
- R30 with with 2″ mineral wool “blanket” insulation over typical 6″ batt insulated wood stud walls / R60 roof / R15 radon-guard floor slab
- Air-to-water heat pump for radiant floors at Main and Lower levels / hot water radiators at Upper level.
- Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) system
- Generator backup system for essential electrical loads
- Zero VOC paints and recycled finished such as brick and carpet/underpad