This house was designed to blend in with its natural surroundings. The client wanted a modest sized home that was energy efficient, and used locally sourced, non-toxic materials both inside and out. The result is a Built Green Certified home, designed and constructed with attention to detail and superior craftsmanship. All of our houses are designed and built net zero energy ready, which means solar photovoltaic panels and/or solar hot water panels can be installed at any time.
Bedrooms: 3 (includes office/den)
Bathrooms: 1 1/2
Size: 1800 sq.ft.
- Built Green™ Canada Certification: Gold – with an NRCan certified EnerGuide rating of 81
- Locally sourced fir flooring, trim, and timbers
- Non-toxic natural oil finishes on all wood surfaces
- Built with Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF’s) for the foundation, and Structural Insulated Panels (SIP’s) for the walls and roof
- In-floor radiant heating on the main floor
- Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) system for exceptional indoor air quality
- Complete interior design package, including space planning, materials selections, electrical and lighting plans, plumbing/appliance/lighting selections, kitchen and bath design, and custom furniture selections
- Natural wool carpets
Building Design, Interior Design and Construction by Ellenwood Homes